Welcome to Whitesboro, Texas
Type B (WEDCO)
Joint Meeting Wednesday,
December 7, 2016
at 9:00 AM
Click For Agenda
Agenda upload 12/04
December 13, 2016
at 7:00 PM
Click For Agenda
Agenda uploaded 12/09
Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1 PM
Whitesboro Economic/Industrial Development Hearing on Sewer Improvements for Holiday Ford
Click For Notice
Notice uploaded 12/09
FY 2016-2017 Available
Click For Budget PDF
Please select the desired department or entity from the Main Menu at the top of the page -
or go directly to some of the most frequently selected pages from the 'Short Cut Menu' on the left.
(Annual Consumer Confidence Report /Water Quality Report)
CCR (Water Report)
Open Records Request Form (in PDF format).
Form to request records from the City of Whitesboro. If the cost will exceed $40 the requestor will be presented an estimate before the request is fulfilled.
LEAD & COPPER RULE MONITORING AND REPORTING VIOLATION
MANDATORY LANGUAGE-TIER III
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DRINKING WATER
City of Whitesboro PWS ID No. 0910010 has violated the monitoring and reporting requirements set by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) in Chapter 30, Section 290, Subchapter F. Even though these were not emergencies, as our customers, you have the right to know what happened and what we are doing to correct these situations.
We are required to monitor your drinking water for specific contaminants on a regular basis. Results of regular monitoring are an indicator of whether or not our drinking water meets health standards. During January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015 we did not test for Lead & Copper and therefore cannot be sure of the quality of your drinking water during that time.
The table below lists the contaminants we did not properly test for during the last year, how often we are supposed to sample for Lead & Copper, how many samples we are supposed to take, how many samples we took, when samples should have been taken, and the date on which the follow - up samples will be taken.
should have been
will be taken
Lead & Copper tap
20 samples every
June 1 – Sept 30,
June 1 – Sept 30,
What is being done?
We are working to correct the problem. The City will be taking the following steps:
- Post notifications and hand deliver notifications of the violation to all consumers within our water system
- Review consumer sampling locations
- Schedule the water sample collections per TCEQ requirements
Additional Lead and Copper contaminant information is available at http://www.whitesborotexas.com/City/docs/2015/2014_ConsumerConfidenceReport.pdf
For more information, please contact Michael Marter at 903-564-3311 or PO Box 340, Whitesboro, TX 76273
Please share this information with all other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (i.e., people in apartments, nursing homes, schools and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
This notice is being sent to you by the City of Whitesboro. Public Water System Number TX0910010
Date Distributed: 12/2/2015
Public Health Notice - West Nile Virus
The Grayson County Health Department has confirmed that 3 mosquito pools (traps) in Western Grayson County have tested positive for West Nile Virus. One of the pools collected on September 19, 2014 was located in Whitesboro. The trapping and testing of mosquitos is part of an ongoing monitoring program the Grayson County Health Department initiated several years ago, to keep the public notified of the potential problem.
The tips listed below can help minimize mosquito breeding locations and protect residents from exposure to biting insects and the West Nile Virus.
1. Stay indoors at dusk and dawn.
2. When outdoors, dress in long sleeves and long pants.
3. When outdoors, use insect repellent that contains DEET, picardin, or oil of lemon eucalyptus. Follow label directions.
4. Drain any item in your yard that can hold rain water or irrigation later. Bird baths should be emptied and refilled twice each week. Remove cans, tires, and other containers that collect rain water. Drill holes in the bottom of tire swings to allow water to drain.
5. If your home has rain gutters, check them to see if they are clogged with leaves and holding water.
6. Use air conditioning or make sure there are tight-fitting screens without tears or holes on all windows and door screens.
7. If you know locations of standing water (such as abandoned swimming pools), notify city or county officials.
8. If standing water exists on your property that cannot be drained, contact City hall at 903-564-3311 to discuss solutions to minimize mosquito breeding.
9. If mosquitoes are landing on you, go indoors.
The following facts about West Nile Virus are important to know:
• It is a bird virus that has been a part of the natural environment in the US since 1999
• It is transmitted from infected birds to people (and horses) by the Southern House Mosquito (called Culex q.)
• 80 percent of people infected by a mosquito carrying WNV never show symptoms
• 20 percent of people infected with WNV become ill with either a severe flu-like illness or a very dangerous brain infection
• Persons over age 50 are at greatest risk of showing symptoms. Persons over 70 years of age are at greatest risk of a fatal outcome
2016 City Holiday Schedule
- New Year’s Friday, January 1, 2016
- Good Friday Friday, March 25, 2016
- Memorial Day Monday, May 30, 2016
- Independence Day Monday, July 4, 2016
- Labor Day Monday, September 5, 2016
- Veteran’s Day Friday, November 11, 2016
- Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25, 2016
- Christmas Friday and Monday December 23, and 26, 2016
Current Budget (Financial Summary)
2015 Consumer Confidence Report (Annual Water Quality Report)
CCR (Current Water Quality Report)
Click Here for Whitesboro Map Location
If you have problems, questions or suggestions about this website,
please email us at info@WhitesboroTexas.com
Many documents linked in this website are in PDF (Portable Document File) format and require a PDF reader program to view. Click the Adobe icon (left) to download a free copy of Adobe® Reader® directly from the Adobe® website.